2016 US National Team Coach and Champion Samson Dubina
is at Paddle Palace Club Wed. - Friday Nov. 9 - 11th!
After hosting Xia Jiwei during our opening weekend, and Anastasiia Rybka the last week of October, we are thrilled to announce visiting coach Samson Dubina is at PPC Wed. Nov. 9 - Fri Nov. 11. Scroll below to learn more about Samson's experience and achievements.
Samson's Private Lessons are already FULLY BOOKED.
THREE CLINICS with Samson Dubina:
Thursday, Nov. 10th: One-Hour Clinic 6pm - 7pm. "Footwork Training"
Friday, Nov. 11th: Two 3-Hour Clinics: "Technical Training Camp"
Sign up for one or for both:
3:30pm - 6:30pm
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday, November 10: 6pm - 7pm
One-hour Clinic: "Footwork Training"
During this one-hour session, Coach Samson Dubina will teach you the details of anticipation based on your shot, your opponent's positioning, your opponent's racket, and the incoming ball. Join Samson for one hour of training on footwork and anticipation that will take your game to the next level!
Members $15 Non-Members $27
Friday, November 11: 3:30-6:30pm & 7pm-10pm
Sign up for one or both!
Clinic: "Technical Training Camp"
Member: $45 Non-member: $60 - click here to view a flyer of this robust clinic led by one of the country's best coaches. To book, login on our website, click Activities - Adult Programs – Samson Tactical Clinic (3:30pm or 7pm).
Coach Samson Dubina is a US National Team Coach and recently was named at the USATT Technology Coach of the Year.
Samson started table tennis at age 12 in Canton, Ohio at a local church then progressed to the Canton Table Tennis Club at the YWCA. Four years later, his game saw huge improvements under the instruction of coach Carl Hardin. He then continued sharpening his skills as a training partner for the Olympic team of Canada from 2004-2007. In recent years, Samson has achieved many titles while traveling to Europe, Asia, and throughout North America competing in nearly 400 tournaments over the last 20 years. Currently Samson is training, competing in tournaments, coaching the top players in the state of Ohio, and is now coaching the top players in America as a US National Team Coach.
Samson's Professional Achievements:
- Currently the #1 Player in Ohio & Ranked #3 in the US
- 2016 US National Team Coach
- 2015 USATT Technology Coach of the Year
- 2015 US National Men's Singles Champion over thirty
- 2015 US National Men's Singles 8's Finalist
- 2013 US National Men's Singles Champion over thirty
- 2009 US Nationals Men's Singles Finalist
- 2008 US Nationals Mixed Doubles Champion
- 2009 US National Men's Team Member
- US Representative - Final Olympic Qualification
- US World Collegiate Team Leader
- US Junior Olympic Gold Medalist
- 5 x Ohio Men's Singles Champion
- 2 x Quebec Circuit Champion
- 2 x Ohio Men's Doubles Champion
- 2 x US National Men's Singles Quarterfinalist
- 2 x US National Doubles Quarterfinalist
- 2 x Canada Cup Team Semifinalist
- 2x Millcreek Open Champion
- Toronto Open Champion
- 4 x Championship Four-Star Tournament Finalist
- Highest USATT Rating 2614
- Former Training Partner for the Canadian Olympic Team
- US National Mixed Doubles Finalist
- World Championship Doubles — Top 128
- Arnold Classic Champion
- Currently Ranked US #5 in Hardbat
- Ohio's #1 Player for 14 Consecutive Years
- ITTF Trickshot Competitor
- World Ranked
- USATT Junior Advisory Committee Member
- Sponsored by Newgy, Nittaku, and Paddle Palace
- ITTF Level II Certified Coach
- USATT Coach
- USATT Umpire
- USATT Certified Referee